a) Support Federal and State Ministries to develop and operationalize management information tools on child protection, including a Child Protection Information Management System (by month 2 at State level and month 3 for Federal level) and Gender-Based Violence Information Management System (ongoing), in cooperation with relevant partners; provide training to child protection actors on child protection information management (by month 2 at State level and month 3 at Federal level)
b) Work with the Child Protection Sub-Working Group to strengthen existing in-country information management approaches for collecting, analyzing and reporting on child protection in emergencies sub-sector activities and resources, as well as identifying information gaps (ongoing); liaise with UNICEF WCARO to ensure synergy between models of information management and sharing in the region (ongoing)
c) Design and maintain a child protection in emergencies database that consolidates, analyses and reports/disseminates information critical to decision making in UNICEF and the Child Protection Sub-Working Group(operationalization by month 1, monthly updates); provide monthly updates on child protection needs and responses for inclusion in situation reports (each 7th of the month), child protection dashboard, and for use by different audiences
d) Work with Child Protection Sub-Working Group members to identify information gaps at national and local (North-East) levels and proposed ways to bridge those gaps (month 2); ensure effective communication, reporting, engagement and coordination between national and sub-national Child Protection Sub-Working Groups (ongoing); provide information management leadership in assessments and monitoring, including joint assessments and training (ongoing)
e) Support the implementation of the SCR 1612 Monitoring and Reporting Mechanism on grave violations against children in Nigeria, through further developing and operationalizing the Nigeria MRM data repository (month 3), tracking incidents of violations against children through media mining and other alerts and updating the Nigeria MRM data repository on a daily basis (ongoing)
f) Produce on a monthly and quarterly basis analysis of trend related to grave violations of children’s rights, based on data included in the Nigeria MRM data repository, in preparation of the Nigeria MRM regular reporting to the Office of the Special Representative for Children and Armed Conflict; package information on grave violations of children’s rights for dissemination among different audiences, as appropriate, including visual representations of trends (ongoing)
- Advanced university degree in information management or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in information management for child protection programming and/or human rights documentation. Experience with humanitarian information management system and cluster approach is an asset. Experience with UNICEF and/or other UN Agencies and/or NGOs, an asset.
- Proven technical expertise managing data and information cycle: from data collection, storage, and analysis for diverse datasets, as well as presenting information in understandable, effective and visually appealing tables, charts, graphs, maps, visuals and reports (including snapshots, dashboard, W analysis, gap analysis, etc.)
- Understanding of how to manage and maintain websites and content management systems. Proven skills in using GIS and map-making packages, and in web design and software development desirable
- Knowledge of UNICEF’s core commitments to children in humanitarian action as well as the humanitarian cluster approach, particularly the child protection working group (sub-cluster), gender-based violence area of responsibility, and protection cluster
- Experience of developing information management systems, producing data analysis for different audiences, and designing and delivering training
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and proven success in facilitating interagency processes to achieve a common goal
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)