Reports To: Managing Director
Supervises: Application, Hardware and Network Engineers
- Formulating IT strategies, monitoring and maintenance of all systems, application services and IT automation infrastructure in the company.
- To ensure the deployment of new applications; identification of key business requirements and leadership of the development of IT solutions; and management of the relationships with the business lines and functional departments and developing strong contacts with the various arms of the company.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for recommending and establishing appropriate IT systems and processes for the company and evaluating deployed technology to ensure compatibility and effectiveness.
- Provide direction in addressing a wide range of problems involving network architecture; hardware and software; server administration; wireless networking; and information management.
- Responsible for developing cohesive and homogenous IT structure
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the IT unit
- Responsible for the implementation of the various aspects of the company’s ICT Architecture
- Administration of all ICT infrastructure
- Vendor(s)/service provider management
- Monitor outsourced company IT Processes (if any)
- Responsible for developing policies and procedures for IT acquisition and utilization.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing systems- gateway devices (routers, switches, firewalls and WAN systems) and the server systems (the network server, e-mail server, ISA server and database) for the company
- Responsible for managing the disaster recovery process
- Responsible for managing IT support functions and reviewing/recommending appropriate alternative system options.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timelines of responding to queries from all units
- Data management, storage/security
- Efficiency created from use of system.
- Stability of systems.
- Network uptime of 99.9%
- Overall customer satisfaction
- Low rate of ICT policy violations both internal and external
- High rate of compliance with all guidelines and regulatory frameworks
- Smooth and unhindered operational services
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong technical skills with the ability to address a wide range of problems including: - network architecture; hardware and software; server administration; wireless networking; and information management.
- Demonstrated competence in the management of a wide range of transmission and networking systems
- Strong skills in minimizing ‘down time’ and providing efficient and reliable resources.
- Excellent skills in protecting the security & stability of the company’s IT systems at all times
- Demonstrated experience in streamlining and automating IT tasks such as network monitoring, helpdesk functions, or computer deployment
- Configuration Management, network management, performance management, quality management and risk management.
- System integration
- System security
- Demonstrated competence in most software environments: e.g. Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP Professional, Window Vista, SQL Server 2005,Veritas Backup Exec, Exchange 2003, etc
- Experience in monitoring and managing network using appropriate network administration tools.
- Flexible in managing and responding to on-call responsibilities.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and effectively
- Strong team interaction, support and leadership skills.
- Good project execution and management skills
- Good leadership qualities
- Proactive decision maker
- Tact and diplomacy
- Multi-tasking and deadline oriented
- Good communicator
Experience and Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of high level cum hands-on experience in an enterprise IT environment dealing with systems distributed over multiple sites
- Possession of at least one of the following professional certifications, MCSE, CCNA/P, CCDA/P, etc. will be an added advantage.