The INGO Forum Manager will be a motivated learner and a passionate activist for the improvement of the development/humanitarian situation in Nigeria and for the role of civil society in this context.
- As a support staff to the INGO Forum in Nigeria, she/he will compile information/data and produce briefs on humanitarian and development issues, Members’ programs and other issues as required.
- The Manager will also assist in mobilizing Forum Members, preparing meetings, taking minutes and organizing trainings and events. This will be an opportunity for a committed worker to learn about coordination and the humanitarian sector in general, while developing research, analytical and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in law, political science, international relations, journalism, social sciences, international development or related technical field.
- Essential Skills and Experience:
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Willingness to learn and interest in humanitarian practice.
- Commitment to international humanitarian standards and principles.
- Excellent writing, editing and analytical skills and ability to formulate well-targeted documents.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
- Flexibility in terms of office hours.
- Experience in an NGO (local or international), in a newspaper or research institution.
- Knowledge of and contacts in Nigerian NGOs.