The purpose of this role is:
- To generate business from non-segmented & walk in clients.
- Drive to develop small & medium size clients and then re assign these customers to the right segment based on their volume & revenue potential.
- Achieve and aim to exceed the individual sales target as established in consultation with the department management, in terms of Revenue & FFE’s for the specific commodities/sales area in the UAE.
The Job entails working in a very competitive business environment and as a coordinating member of a target driven sales team. The job will involve a very organised and efficient work culture along with ability to adapt to a changing and demanding market.
Key Performance Indicators: As agreed in yearly objective setting.
• Reply to customer sales enquiries and freight quotes within stipulated SLA’s.
• To ensure that a pre-defined number of clients are identified and groomed to move within the sales segmentation depending on service requirements from the clients.
• Maintain excellent relationship with all present and potential customers and project the image of Maersk Line as a Quality operator.
• Probe & develop new profitable business for Maersk Line and to enable increase market share.
• Conduct sales activity in accordance with the guidelines/ manuals/policies issued by the management.
• Ensure strict conformance with the rules and regulations of the various Conferences/Rate Agreements of which Maersk Line is a member as well as conform to prevailing Governmental regulations.
• To always be fully acquainted with the service plans, acceptance policies, and new services/changes as announced by the centre from time to time.
• Assist the marketing department and the sales management to develop and update the marketing plans by trade lane for all the customers / commodities under your responsibility which will enable you to achieve/exceed your sales target.
• Ensure Outlook and SFDC is updated on a regular basis detailing sales activities & opportunities.
• Promote and implement sector/commodity drives in consultation with sales management.
• Provide market intelligence on competition activity & pricing within trade lane affecting customer sales.
Challenges of the job / Problem Solving
• Sales probing technique is a must.
• Telephone etiquettes and Tele-marketing skills are additional requirements.
• Responsible for meeting and exceeding specified inside sales targets including competency targets. Measured on assigned Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
APM mail, MARS, MS Office, GCSS, MEPC, SCV, Quote Tool, & SFDC.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have the following skills and attributes:
• A thorough understanding of the shipping industry, especially the container business, along with the basic understanding of logistics, products and services.
• Minimum 3 years shipping experience with 1 in Sales.
• University educated.
• Good Sales skills.
• Selling Techniques
• Negotiation Skills
• Telephone Etiquette