The Installation Leader, who provides assistance and reports to the Installation Manager, is directly responsible for providing technical insights to all installation engineering procedures and installation operations and pre-commissioning procedures associated with the scope of work and make sure the tasks are carried out with full respect to HSE, quality and schedule in full compliance to particular technical requirements and schedule defined in the EPCI contract. This means:
- As par of the offshore operations, supervising, supporting offshore activities while maintaining a 24/7 contact with offshore Company representatives.
- As part of the completion of the Installation Engineering, reviewing minutely the technical documentation submitted by to COMPANY and, based on his own experience, appraising installation engineering/procedures as well as, on request, attending installation tests/trials either organised by or by other packages and, when needed, participating in inspection and vetting activities of marine vessels.
To this objective, the Installation Leader will be in charge of:
- Assisting the offshore representatives on the vessels in their understanding of the vessels tasks, planning and safety as well as organizing appropriate meetings offshore when needed.
- Following installation tasks and making sure the installation procedures are duly enforced by Contractor during the course of the installation.
- Reporting to the Installation manager about all technical issues that require to be specifically addressed in documentation review or during installation and mobilization progress meetings.
- When instructed, supervising related offshore construction activities; including pre-commissioning activities and preparing associated reporting to his Hierarchy.
- Supervising Contractor’s preparations of the offshore campaign in close liaison with the Installation Manager and the HSE Leader.
- Alerting about the need for marine spread inspection and, when asked, assisting those inspections to appraise marine spread upgrade plans whenever identified as required.
- Liaising as necessary with third part authorities and MWS about specific vessels mobilizations and inspections
- Liaising with any on shore discipline engineer concerned by the technical issues raised during installation preparation.
- Preparing technical documentation for interface with FPSO, OLT&SPS contractors to make sure that technical issues are correctly identified by all parties,
- Supplying verified information to the reporting system that allows full tracking of installation events either to be used
- Graduate degree in a relevant Engineering discipline with MSc or equivalent, specialized in Marine Construction/Civil Engineering.
- Sound background in Oil and Gas installations, marine operations and offshore construction.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Design and Installation of Subsea/Deepwater Steel Structures or previous exposure to EPCI projects.
- Good knowledge of international structural design codes/standards and general specifications.
- Good organizational skills
- Experience in leadership and team management
- Ability to prioritize activities, identify critical aspects, propose solutions, lead specialists or third parties, summarize and present complex design issues including transverse and interfaces matters.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- BOSIET certificate.