- Lead the Company’s local content strategy for compliance and competitiveness including proactive engagement with regulatory and government agencies to ensure a level playing ground for all players in the industry.
- Interface with regulatory bodies to obtain approval for contracting/procurement activities
- Assess Nigerian Content compliance in contracting and procurement activities, produce assessment reports and highlight exceptions
- Coordinate the review of Nigerian Content plans, reports and procurement/contract activities requiring regulatory approval to ensure compliance with legislation and company Nigerian content development policy.
- Prepare Nigerian content performance reports and transmit to appropriate authority for internal operations and regulatory compliance.
- Collate and analyze contracts, procurement and logistics business statistics to measure performance.
- Follow emerging statutory requirements on local content and map compliance strategies
- Analyzes and reviews the design of institutional events in compliance with internal guidelines and established procedures
- Complies with Tenaris policies, procedures and management standards, and ensures adherence with all laws and regulations that apply to the area of responsibility.
- Graduate caliber with minimum of 8 years post qualification relevant experience in a similar role
- Proven understanding of Local Content as a Strategic driver of the business outcomes
- Proven knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry and its regulatory institutions
- High commercial focus and acumen
- Experience in a contracting/procurement/business development position in a reputable company is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Leadership traits, influencing and negotiation skill
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Inability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ineffective communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Inability to forge strong working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders