General Description includes basic Instrumentation & Control Systems design and analysis on assigned deliverables in a CB&I project including specific complex deliverables such as DCS & PLC systems. Work includes, among other things, conceptual studies, cost and planning studies, layouts, design calculations, specification development and supervising vendor packages. Maintains and promotes a focus on CB&I’s end product whether engineering, fabrication or construction. Ensures effective communications among other engineering disciplines. Ensures effective management of change. Assumes responsibility for cost, schedule, quantity and budget control.
· The key objective will be to carry out his/her assigned duties and responsibilities in a professional manner and to a high standard in accordance with corporate and project standards and procedures.
· Should be keen, self-motivated and ambitious individual with a view to developing his/her career to it’s maximum potential through both technical and self development.
Main Function within Department:
· To work within dedicated project teams on the preparation of control and instrumentation system engineering and design deliverables.
Responsibilities and Duties :
· Corporate line responsibility to the Chief I&C Engineer who will identify specific engineering tasks within the discipline group and/or assign the discipline engineer to a suitable position within a dedicated project team.
· For project based working, activities and tasks will be assigned by the Lead/Principal Engineer leading the group activity on the project. Once assigned, it is expected that the engineer will be capable of carrying out his/her duties and activities with supervision and guidance from the Lead or Senior Engineers. These will typically comprise of the following:
o Preparation of specifications, requisitions, technical evaluations and general documentation for instrumentation and control system equipment .etc.
o Review and checking of third party drawings and documentation for all types of instrumentation and control system equipment.
o Co-ordination meetings with vendors.
o Preparation of instrument and valve sizing calculations.
o Inspection, checking and witness testing of instrumentation and control system equipment at manufacturers’ works as necessary.
· Accredited engineering degree as may be required by specific regions.
· Prefer MEng degree and Graduate Member of a Professional Institution
· Has strong proven detail instrumentation & control systems engineering experience
· Is aware of current and new technologies and possesses a technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process and control instrumentation.
· Possesses a technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process.
· Engineering Degree or HND.
· Graduate Membership of Professional Institution.
· Participation in the Company Graduate Training Course
The typical experience in the Global Requirement Guide must be read as a guideline only.