• Directs and manages all day-to-day operations of PISAI including (i) risk management (identification and evaluation of insurable risks and perils to which the company, either collectively or individually, is or may be potentially exposed, e.g., property loss or damage, casualty, third party liability, machinery breakdown and business interruption); (ii) insurance management (critical review of all insurance policies of the company, and timely renewal and placement thereof); (iii) insurance claims management (timely notification and complete documentation of the company Group’s insurance claims); and (iv) OHSE management of the company Group’s plants
• Directs and manages all of PISAI’s accounting, financial and statutory reporting, disbursements, collections and payroll functions as well as prepares PISAI’s annual budgets and analyses and reports any resulting budget variances
• Responsible in the procurement of insurance policies against identified risks and perils for the company Group’s business, assets and employees at adequate insured values, and acceptable terms and conditions with financially stable and duly-licensed insurance companies
• Responsible in the timely and satisfactory settlement of insurance claims
• Ensures that all the company Group plants have the appropriate OHSE programs, particularly safety, environmental protection and loss control systems, in place and their employees are adequately trained on the proper implementation thereof.
• Ensures proper and timely documentation, recording, monitoring, reporting and control of all of PISAI’s activities and transactions, particularly those involving insurance placements, premium payments and claims.
• Age range 40 years old and above with at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, in a managerial or executive level, from a group of companies, or big heavy manufacturing firms, with substantial assets, frequent movement of products nationwide, high volume of importations and large number of employees, or from a reputable insurance company, insurance brokerage firm, insurance consulting company or loss adjusting company
• Holder of a Bachelor of Science college degree in engineering, business administration, accounting, management or other related courses.
• Preferably with a masters or post-graduate degree and/or professional designation on insurance or risk management, e.g., Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter from Institute Insurance of America, USA or Associate in Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII) or Fellow in Chartered Insurance Institute (FCII) from Chartered Insurance Institute, London.
• With a wide network of contacts within the insurance industry, particularly among both local and foreign insurers, reinsurers, insurance brokers, insurance agents, loss adjusters, insurance lawyers, forensic accountants and other insurance professionals.
• Preferably with previous experience in pursuing big insurance claims and/or pursuing them through administrative proceedings at the Insurance Commission or through the courts
• Must have specialized trainings in all lines of life and non-life insurance and claims management.
• Must have a valid insurance underwriter, insurance broker or insurance agent license issued by the Insurance Commission.