Job Vacancy at Association For Reproductive And Family Health (ARFH)
- Medical Practice
- Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Required Experience
- 7 - 10 years
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Male or Female
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria, etc. We offer professionals, opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the following position:
- Ensure effective overall coordination of Training programming/activities of the projects in assigned states.
- Coordinate assessments of capacity building and training needs for stakeholders in the state health sector on integrated maternal newborn and child health (MNCH) as well as healthy timing and spacing of pregnancy (HTSP) services.
- Work with partners to support dissemination of national policy, strategy, guidelines and quality of care model for MNCH and HTSP services at state and LGA level. Support partners at state level by providing technical assistance to the development of good quality state and LGA annual operational plans and their review.
- Support dissemination and use of approved training modules and guidelines on selected high impact Integrated Maternal New-born Child Health continuum of care interventions such as- Focused Antenatal Care (FANC); Skilled Birth Attendance (SBA); Emergency Obstetric and New-born Care (EmONC); Helping Babies Breath (HBB); Post Natal Care (PNC); Community Based New-born Care and Integrated Community Case Management (Iccm) for diarrhea, malaria and pneumonia. Support state and LGA level supportive supervision, monitoring and evaluation of MNCH programmes.
- Set up and implement a quality of care model for MNCH services in health facilities based on selected high impact interventions.
- Training of health workers using approved training modules and guidelines on selected high impact Integrated Maternal New-born Child Health continuum of care interventions as well as HTSP services.
- Support regular supervision, monitoring and mentorship of trained health care providers and quality of care provided to patients/clients at the health facilities.
- Participate in on-the-job training, supportive supervision and mentoring of health workers.
- In collaboration with the leadership of partner organizations, identify key process weaknesses and capacity gaps with potential to hinder effective delivery of quality programmes. Incorporate remedial actions in training and capacity building plan
- Work with stakeholders to design health financing options for the health sector and build their capacity for effective implementation of approved strategies.
- Ensure adherence to all donor requirements in programme, activities, reports and reports
- Provide technical support through mentoring, integrated supportive supervision for improved scale up/delivery of clinical activities.
- Prepares relevant reports including lessons learnt on training and capacity building activities and ensure they are shared with stakeholders including the donor in a timely manner.
An MBBS or B.Sc Nursing with additional qualifications such as MPH. Preference will be given to candidates with specialty in O&G, previous capacity Building experience in EmONC, Life saving Skills and experience in maternal, newborn and child health/RH programming. A minimum of seven years’ experience with national, international or government agencies in training on maternal, newborn and child health is required. The candidate should have strong interpersonal communication skills, excellent written and spoken English Language and proficiency in the use of Computer applications in MS Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and relevant web based M & E softwares used to generate project reports.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as for three professional referees ( i.e.from present and former employers). For every agency or organization that you have worked for please indicate the name of your supervisor, his/her functional email address and functional telephone numbers. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).