Experience in downstream oil & gas
Our client is an African conglomerate in diverse activities, yet focused on capturing the entire value chain in oil trading, shipping, storage, distribution and retailing. They are one of the largest and most efficient downstream players with solid roots in Nigeria and leading positions in fuels and lubricants market in Cameroon, Benin, Togo and Cote D' Ivoire. The company has a strong foothold in petroleum products marketing in the international market.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and focused Inter-company Accounts Analyst to join their team reporting through to the Account Manager.
In this role you will:
- Supervise day to day functions of Financial Transactions as it relates to all intercompany deals.
- Monitors Fixed Assets Register of the company…i.e. Property, Plant & Equipment and other AUC’s. .
- Provide analytical support to the business units. Ensure accurate keeping of all PP&E records nationwide and follow up with the relevant Department to ensure that the PP&E records by location is compared with physical PP&E inventory at least once every two years.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of the under listed reports (and any other so demanded by management)
- Run Monthly Depreciation computation, and Amortization and ensuring these are line with the TB figures at any time.
- Liaise with both Internal/External auditors during audit exercise ensuring all Inter-coy balances are correct and signed off by respective BU’s.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts as per Intercompany transactions are clearly reviewed and reconcile on Month by Month basis. Ensure prompt clearing of open items such that no open item is greater than sixty days.
- Review and sign all reconciliations relating to the above units.
- Monitor and review all month end manual journal entries to ensure that only legitimate entries are made to the accounting records.
- Ensure all write-offs are line with the Delegation of authority(DOA)/F1128
- Maintain the various Templates and Profiles in SAP to ensure the reliability of Reports generated from them.
- Ensure that all inter-company accounts that are to be cash settled (Restricted Accounts) are settled on or before the 30th of the following month and that disputes with Trading Partners are promptly investigated and resolved.
- Run the Month End Closing program, including the Currency Translation process ensuring that Exchange Gains/Losses are computed and recognized during the Month
To be successful in this role you will need:
- The candidate for this post must possess a minimum of a good first degree in Accounting or in any other relevant field(s) of study
- ACA certified
- At least 4 years industrial experience in accounting;
- Good practical use of SAP
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information and focus on set goals;
- Member of relevant certification body
As an employer of choice, they will provide you:
- Competitive salary package and benefits;
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and career development.