A significant and high profile opportunity to manage a team responsible for one of the biggest growth priorities in Lloyds Banking Group (LBG). Instrumental in managing the day-to-day proposition activities to launch Scottish Widows Protect into the Intermediary, LBG Wealth and other channels.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Intermediary Proposition team, delivering growth through proposition launches whilst managing performance and risks for this new business area. The role reports into the Head of Intermediary Protection Proposition, and the chosen individual will form part of the succession plan for that role.
• Day-to-day management of the Intermediary Protection Proposition team (though formal line management sits with Head of Intermediary Protection proposition)
• Provide direction to the Scottish Widows Protect Programme and in particular the protection proposition workstream to achieve a successful delivery of the Programme within timescales and budget
• Manage the transition from Programme to BAU activities across the business but in particular for the Intermediary Protection Proposition area
• Engage with key stakeholders across the business and externally in the design of, and enhancement to, the Intermediary Protection propositions to achieve business objectives and maintain a competitive position.
• Responsibility for delivering the targets agreed in the business case, particularly through the ongoing development of the proposition including additional services (e.g. Virtual Office) by monitoring developments in the protection market, distribution landscape, regulatory changes.
• Ensure all appropriate feedback from other areas of the organisation and relevant external partners is incorporated in development of the proposition and that relationships to influence outcomes with all parties are in place.
• Oversight and a point of escalation for the design of customer offers and products that meet customer needs, adhere to the principles of TCF, and achieve strategic goals and targets (including mandatory and regulatory requirements)
• Oversight and a point of escalation for assignments and projects, researching opportunities, defining, developing and implementing procedures relating to products and services and where appropriate, wider business strategies
• Provide regular updates of the strategy, progress of projects, plans and activity in the market segment to wider team, senior management and appropriate governance forums.
• Ensure continuous improvement in all proposition development activities
• Oversight and a point of escalation for a wide range of customer enquiries, both internal and external, making sure that the information provided is clearly understood by the customer, escalating issues as appropriate
• Ensure compliance with the group policies and practices together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
• Support the development of the Scottish Widows Protect business case and any future business cases and make recommendations to senior management
• Support to Head of Intermediary Protection through management of strategic analysis for own market segment using recognised marketing techniques and make recommendations on direction to ensure that the market segment proposition supports the overall objectives of Lloyds Banking Group
You should have a strong Protection Proposition understanding - in both how the proposition should be shaped and positioned in the market. Exposure to the Intermediary market would be useful, along with experience of the small/medium business segment. Experience of working within a multi channel environment would be an advantage.