Professionals interested in this line of work should have strong financial or operational audit skills.
- Reviews IT, operational and business risks, functions and activities, and evaluates client relations in order to determine and recommend nature, scope, direction and thrust of proposed audits.
- Designs audit procedures to execute the annual audit plan, assess controls and to meet audit objectives.
- Assumes responsibility as project leader for special audit projects and provides advisory and consulting services to management.
- Recommends appropriate staffing requirements to complete the audit.
- Coordinates and directs activities of assigned auditors: Trains and provides guidance of auditing tasks and procedures; reviews work for completeness; and submits evaluations on assigned auditors.
- Acts as liaison for internal management, external auditors, external audit clients and business associates.
- Prepares reports for internal and external company executives; Summarizes audit objectives, scope, findings, conclusions and management response. Conducts oral and written presentations to all levels of management, as appropriate, during and upon the completion of audits. Ensures audit summary is prepared within established deadline.
- Performs statistical sampling to accomplish audit procedures. Obtains, analyzes and appraises supporting data utilizing various software applications.
- Recommends revisions to audit procedures to enhance efficiencies. Reviews internal controls throughout the company by evaluating the adequacy of system controls and recommends improvements.
- Performs testing and walkthrough procedures to determine company compliance on assigned processes: reviews and analyzes the control structure, performs walkthrough and testing procedures, documents testing results that are reviewed by external auditors, and communicates results to management.
- Evaluates the adequacy and timeliness of management’s response and the corrective action taken on significant audit recommendations.
- Maintains continued education requirements and regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 7 – 10 years post NYSC related work experience in an audit firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and or related course.
- Possession of ICAN/ACCA qualification a must, MBA or other qualifications are added advantage
- Audit experience in trading and manufacturing Companies is required
- Experience is a multi-branch business
- Willing to travel when required.
- Strong problem solving skills.
All candidates must possess good command of English language (spoken and written) and without any form of regional accent.