· Qualified internal auditor or compliance manager
· Extensive experience in relevant operational areas (e.g. in program/project management in an INGO context) and experience of risk-based auditing.
· Be highly accurate, detail-orientated, and able to complete multiple projects, with conflicting priorities, on a timely basis
· Excellent report English writing skills
· Proven interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and relationship building
· Willingness to undertake high amount of travel within the NIGERIA SCI field locations (40%) and work with minimum supervision under difficult conditions in some of the most underdeveloped, insecure and remote parts of NIGERIA.
· Strong cultural awareness and be able to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· Demonstrate standards of ethics and integrity
· Commitment to Save the Children values
· INGO experience or have worked in a commercial/public sector international organization
· Familiarity with grant requirements of major donors such as USAID, EC/ECHO, DfID and the UN
· Good financial analysis aptitude
· Experience of Agresso financial software or other ERP software
· Experience of audit
· Counter fraud experience
· Ability to look at the bigger picture when assessing organizational performance and risk