Support the Internal Audit Manager to monitor and enforce internal control processes of Sapele Power Plc in order to achieve following objectives:
- Reliability of Financial Reporting and Informatio
- Operational Effectiveness and Efficiencies
- Regulatory compliance
- Assist in business process review across the various units of Sapele Power Plc
- Identify weakness of controls and processes and suggest solutions to mitigate the gaps identified
- Monitor level of compliance to SPP’s processes and procedures
- Prepare weekly exception report and monitor the processes of rectifying the exception noted.
- Assist in the improvement of internal controls related to inventory management
- Improve and manage inventory analysis report and produce monthly inventory valuation report
- Participation in monthly stock count and reconciliation
- Assist in monthly Payroll review and produce variance analysis report.
- Ensure petty cash are managed in line with SPP’s policy and financial operation guidelines
- Conduct cash count at a regular interval
- Continuous review of payments and approval processes.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Up to date details of all transactions and processes reviewed
- Monthly Inventory Observation Report
- Accurate postings of accounts per account types, Cost Centers and business location.
- Timely delivery of weekly audit report
- Compliance to SPP’s operating standards
- Highly developed and demonstrated skills in analysis, conceptualization and problem solving
- Moderate business analysis skills and the ability to document and analyze business processes and their controls
- Moderate Computer literacy skills
- Basic understanding of Accounting software
- Basic understanding of Accounting systems
General Management Competencies/Requirements:
- Strong analytical skills
- Good written and oral communication skills, able to communicate basic financial matters to non-technical experts
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to bring a “hands on” approach to the work if needed
- Positive "can do" spirit
- Basic understanding of operations in the Energy and Power Industry
- Minimum of university degree or HND Accounting (and or other recognized Professional Accounting Qualification ACCA or ACA)
- Minimum of 3 years post professional qualification experience.
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Team Player
- Proactive self-starter
- Flexibility to adapt to a variety of work situations
- Highly organized and significant ability to multi-task
- Ability to cope with and work under pressure
- The ability to manage and motivate a team
- Used to working in fast moving environments providing accurate and timely information to a high standard.