The Internal Audit Manager is responsible to develop audit procedures, plan and conduct internal audits with a focus on the commercial, financial, and operational aspects of the airline and to ensure that the company’s assets are adequately protected. Prepares and communicates audit findings and recommendation to management and the audit committee. The Internal Audit Manager will work with minimum supervision. A critical success factor will be how to professionally interact with other managers maintaining the highest organisational and professional integrity.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Agrees audit plan with CEO and Audit Committee.
- Assesses the company’s financial, operational and IT procedures, system implementations in order to determine the reliability and integrity of information; compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations; the safeguarding of assets; and the economical and efficient use of resources as scheduled on the audit plan.
- Develops and delivers audit plan on time, including resource budget, field work and draft report.
- Identifies and evaluates the company’s risk areas including whistle blower investigations.
- Responsible for the planning and performance of internal audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal control systems and to ensure compliance and prepare accurate audit reports.
- Develops and evaluates procedures and processes to address areas of audit concern.
- Conduct ad hoc audits as requested by the Executive management team and Audit Committee.
- Manages 3rd party audits including local authority audits, audit firms or fraud investigations.