- The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for planning, executing and reporting on operational, financial and compliance related audits/reviews for Savannah Sugar Company Limited; and the managing of a team, of Internal Auditors.
Job Roles (Duties & Responsibilities)
- Assist tire Chief Internal Auditor in the development of the annual internal audit plan
- Plan and execute audit assignments in line with the annual internal audit plan
- Lead audit teams, providing direction and supervision including reviewing engagement workpapers, reports and documentation for quality assurance.
- Carry out corrective action follow up (CAFU) exercises on all audit reports (internal audit, external audit, any others)
- Review compliance with operating procedures, risk management practices and internal control systems
- Work with process owners, and the risk manager, to ensure internal controls are embedded in all company processes to address identified risks
- Aid in the delivery and development of the group’s audit strategy taking responsibility for the day to day management of the audit team and assisting to raise the profile and effectiveness of the audit function.
- Work with the GHIA to ensure adequate personnel management of internal audit teams including; performance evaluation, identification of training needs, recommendations to the GHIA for training, skills and resource requirement.
Competencies Required (Qualification & Experience)
- A minimum of 8 years audit experience, including practical internal audit experience with excellent knowledge of internal control concepts, auditing techniques and reporting
- Certified internal auditor (CIA) and/or have a professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA or ACCA)
- Good knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- It audit experience is necessary
- Good leadership skills with strategic focus
- Good organisational, project and time management skills
- Knowledge of SAP ERP would be an added advantage
- Results oriented - meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands
The remuneration for all positions are very competitive, and in line with the Nigerian food and beverage industry standards. The right candidates will have the opportunity to work in one of the leading conglomerates in Nigeria and sub Saharan Africa.