As an Internal Audit Supervisor you will be responsible for leading audit and accounts preparation assignments. You will take ownership of audits from planning through to completion. Key to the role will be your ability to; build strong internal client relationships, ensure deadlines and budgets are met and your passion for coaching your team to accelerate their development.
- Constant auditing of store to production to sale reports to ensure conformity and proper usage of raw materials.
- Reconciliation of Petty Cash and Deposit Box/Safe.
- Ensures that all monies released are used for the purpose for which it is released.
- Ensure that all required inventory, production and sales records are properly recorded and maintained.
- Audit of the entire kitchen production process (raw materials to W.I.P to finished goods) to ensure that all materials issued for production are used for the intended purpose & report any loss and wastage.
- Monitoring the yield for processed raw materials to ensure that is in-line with company standards.
- Monitoring raw material wastage to ensure that it does not exceed the tolerable limit set by the company.
- Ensure the proper investigation and reporting of inventory, sales, raw material and product variances.
- Provide weekly inventory, sales report, variance analysis and other management reports.
- Lead the weekly stock taking team and ensure that stock/value reported gets to the accountant.
- Periodic review of the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s internal control processes to ensure reliability and integrity of financial and management information and proper safeguarding of assets.
- Draft recommendations on controls and procedures as well as take responsibility for overseeing its implementation to reduce wastage and ensure a fraud free environment.
- Reporting findings directly to the Business Owners on various aspects of financial controls.
- Training and induction of internal audit officers on the company internal control procedures.
- Training of cashiers on daily cashier sales reporting and cash register policy.
- Ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Handling all faults relating to the POS system and following up with the IT consultant /software company to ensure prompt repair and minimal disruption to business operations.
- Make adequate plans to ensure the integrity of the internal control process in the event of a down-time or crash of the POS system.
- Administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations in line with company policies, rules and procedures.
Responsible for reporting ALL violations of company standards or policies to the HR officer and Business Manager.
JOB DESCRIPTION – PPADS 01
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Daily reconciliation of all POS sales report to actual sales including the verification of discounts, vouchers, voids and loyalty cards.
- Ensure staff compliance to the “Cash register/POS policy”.
- Accurate calculation of cash and product overages and shortages and reporting the relevant staff deductions to the HR officer in a timely manner to ensure the smooth run of the payroll process.
- Ensure the proper investigation and reporting of inventory, sales and product variances.
- Ensure proper audit POS sales report to finished goods received from the kitchen.
- Responsible for ensuring cash and cheque deposits in line with the “Cash handling policy”.
- Ensure that the company’s ordering, receiving and delivery procedures are properly
- HND or BSc degree in Accounting or related degree.
- 3-5 years experience in a QSR or retail environment is a must.
- Good written and verbal communications.
- Must possess a positive work ethic, a strong sense of accountability and confidentiality.
To succeed in this position you should have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to continuously improve the way we deliver value to our customers. Be flexible and able to adapt to new cultures and environment.
- As above
- Any other tasks assigned by your Manager