The Internal Auditor shall provide a full range of financial, compliance, and operational audits, business advisory and consultation services, investigations, internal control structures, accountability, and use of resources.
- Evaluate and examine policies and procedures and systems in place at the company to protect assets of the Board and the system.
- Evaluate the reliability and integrity of information and the efficient and effective use of resources at the company.
- Review compliance with policies, procedures and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Report results and make recommendations to management of the company, the CEO and the Board.
- Follow up on the progress of implementation of recommendations and directions to the CEO and the Board as a result of the reports.
- Cost benefits analysis.
- Investigation of financial inconsistencies
- Participate in process and internal control improvement initiatives. Assist the Board carry out their fiduciary responsibilities.
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s system of internal controls and the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Review the means of safeguarding assets and verify the existence of such assets.
- Review operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
- Provide consulting advice to management when requested.
- Ensure compliance with the company policies and procedures
- Lead and advise on the overall company’s policies and procedures
- Ensure the effective allocation and utilization of company’s resources
Manage performance of direct reports
- Assign, monitor and coordinate work.
- Provide technical, procedural and policy guidance.
- Evaluate performance of direct reports.
- A Degree in Accounting or any other relevant courses.
- Minimum of five (8) years relevant working experience.
- A professional membership in any of the following associations: CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants), ACA (Association of Chartered Accountants) , ACCA (Certified Chartered Accountant) , CIPFA (Public Finance Accountant) ,IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors).