- Draft the Internal Audit Charter of the organisation in line with the international standards.
- Develop risk–based annual audit plans detailing the scope, nature and timing of audit activities.
- Design internal audit procedures and work programs.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding Construction sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Conducts risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques. Travelling to different sites to conduct spot checks, meet relevant staff and obtain documents and information
- Consistently Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Prepares timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within Arbico Plc.
- Minimum of 2nd Class upper degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years internal audit/control experience out of which 5 years must be in a construction or oil and gas industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio) and Accounting Software (Tally; Peachtree)
- Capable of demonstrating up to date technical financial reporting knowledge including in-depth knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Excellent Reporting and presentation skills
- Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and to work with all types of individuals.