- To ensure compliance with Sapele Power Plc’s Policies, Procedures, and regulations. This objective will enhance reliability of financial reporting and information
- To ensure Sapele Power Plc’s operational activities are in line with best industry standards. This will promote effectiveness and efficiency of operations
- To ensure SPP’s operational activities are in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Establish internal audit scope and develop annual risk-based audit plans/programs
- Execute risk-based audit programs providing detailed and objective review of conformance with Sapele Power Plc operational and financial activities along with policies and procedures
- Execute and monitor the audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable regulations
- Conduct walkthroughs and testing of medium to low risk process to analyze operating effectiveness and design of main financial controls
- Carry out audit report follow-up testing to identify if corrective action plans of management’s were executed on time and communicate results to senior executive management.
- Vet all financial transactions and ensure they meet Sapele Power Plc standard reporting systems
- Ensuring Stock Take exercise is observed on last day of every month.
- Monitor the CAPEX and OPEX expenses while ensuring adequate compliance to financial prudence.
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Coordinate the entire Internal Audit team, ensuring that the values required of the team are delivered
Build capacity within the Internal Audit team of the Organization by:
- Continuously reviewing the capacity required to support the team unit in delivering its functions effectively
- Provide development opportunities for direct reports that challenge and expand their capability
- Provide leadership that inspire others to succeed, and proactively share experience, knowledge plus ideas
- Ensuring that performance objectives are clearly defined for all job roles within the team and that all staff members are evaluated against agreed performance objectives at pre-defined periods set by the HR function
- Coaching and counseling of team members as necessary.
Key Performance Indicators
- Up to date details of all transactions and processes reviewed
- Accurate value of available stocks in the entire business or group
- Accurate postings of accounts per account types, Cost Centers and business location.
- Timely delivery of monthly audit memorandum
- Compliance to SPP’s operating standards.
- Highly developed and demonstrated skills in analysis, conceptualization and problem solving
- Strong business analysis skills and the ability to document and analyze business processes and their controls
- Strong Financial and Management Accounting skills
- Strong Computer literacy skills
- In-depth understanding of Accounting software
- In-depth understanding of Accounting systems.
General Management Competencies/Requirements:
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strong Oral and Written Communication skills
- Good Presentation Skills
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Relationship Management
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate effectively.
- Minimum of university Degree or HND Accounting, Internal Audit (and or other recognized Professional Accounting Qualification ACCA or ACA)
- Minimum of 5 years post professional qualification experience.
- Knowledge of Power Sector Regulatory Requirements and Pronouncement would be an added advantage.
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Proactive self-starter
- Assertive and tenacious
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to work with all levels of management, build partnerships and teams
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to cope with and work under pressure.