He is to do independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the organisation's operations. Also to help the organisation accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Major roles and responsibilities:
- evaluates and provides reasonable assurance that risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the organisation's objectives and goals to be met
- reports risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified directly to the audit committee and provides recommendations for improving the organisation's operations, in terms of both efficient and effective performance
- evaluates information security and associated risk exposures
- evaluates regulatory compliance program with consultation from legal counsel
- evaluates the organisation's readiness in case of business interruption
- maintains open communication with management and the audit committee
- teams with other internal and external resources as appropriate
- engages in continuous education and staff development
- provides support to the company's anti-fraud programs.