- Assist in the development and effective implementation of an internal communications strategy, while complying with all IE procedures, rules and code of practice
- Assist in managing all internal communications channels and ensure all employees are fully engaged and aware on all the activities and projects of the company
- To assist in the planning and implementation of communication strategies / campaigns - liaising with appropriate stakeholder groups, defining specific messages to be communicated, audiences to be addressed, selecting the most suitable method of communication etc.
- Support the coordination and management of in-house corporate events, visits and develop in-house campaigns
- Assist in the coverage of Ikeja Electric events - roadshows, projects, corporate visits, exhibitions. Ensure employees are duly informed of these events.
- Ensure all communication and awareness materials are in sync across all business units and undertakings.
- Assist in the managing of internal communications channels, including writing/editing the staff e-newsletter, key internal presentations, noticeboard messages, email and sms messages to employees, awareness material (fliers, posters, pull up banners), roadshows and conferences
- Assist in establishing the budgets required for internal communication and brand management activities, and manage the expenditure
- Assist in creating and managing a social profile for Ikeja Electric on all platforms- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Assist in drafting editorial content, create and upload videos onto web pages
- Enhance social media outlets and opportunities to maintain communication and build fan base.
- Assist in monitoring the main activities of competitors on social media.
- Assist in responding to customer's comments and inquiries, to make them feel valuable. -Customer service
- Assist in the implementation of IE's social media campaigns.
Minimum Requirements (Qualifications & Years of Experience)
- Degree in Journalism/Communications/ Public Relations/Public Affairs or its equivalent
- 1-2 years proven relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Power Sector
- Knowledge of HTML and web site management
Skills & Competencies
Technical & Behavioral Competencies:
- Basic MS Office skills- Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Blogging skills, Self-motivated and confident in making sound business decisions.
- Work creatively with limited resources, Demonstrated sound organizational and coordination skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication, attention to detail & Have the ability to sell ideas.