- Specialist skills & knowledge: Comprehensive understanding of the full range of communications media and an awareness of the value of each to deliver desired messages most effectively.
- Commercial focus: Use thorough understanding of the commercial environment in which we operate to communicate key messages in ways, which create and maintain stakeholder value.
- Stakeholder management: Commitment to managing the perception and understanding of key stakeholder groups to engage them in our drive for growth.
- Reputation management: Commitment to promote and defend the Company’s reputation among its key stakeholder groups especially internally but also externally.
- Strategy development: The ability to analyze the needs and requirements of the business and to proactively identify communications solutions that have the greatest benefits.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
Manage a comprehensive employee communications strategy and plan that directly supports the business strategy, vision and values and uses a range of appropriate tools and is measurable against agreed targets. Responsible for the development, preparation and design of communication initiatives in line with plan e.g.
- Social Responsibility campaigns
- Budget Management
- Corporate Citizenship Report
- Daily business communications
- Quarterly employee communication roadshows/town halls
- Publication of all internal notices for GN and Diageo Brands Nigeria Ltd (DBNL)
- Quarterly GN magazine
- Design, prepare and rollout internal employee surveys as and when required by the business, collate feedback and use information to plan strategy.
- Be an active member of crisis teams, ensuring communication plans are up to date. Be responsible for communicating to internal audiences in times of a crisis.
- Support to other functional activities - Ensure message consistency and adoption of communication principles through building relationships with all key functions and audiences.
- Push the boundaries of communication excellence through developing new and innovative ways of engaging our people
- Implement measurement and evaluation systems for communications
- Graduate calibre in the Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Qualification in PR, marketing or journalism at degree level
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working at a strategic level on business or brand related communications
- Proven track record of managing communication issues in a sensitive/controversial environment.
- Proven track record in communications and communication strategy development
- Capable of leading the communications planning process and facilitating broader involvement in this process.
- Exposure to influencing at senior management level