- An internal control manager is essentially a watchdog in a company, division or department.
- His basic responsibilities are to develop policies and procedures, ensure their implementation and monitor compliance. In essence, the internal control manager helps keep a company from engaging in potentially illegal or unethical activities that could get it into hot water.
- Suitable for someone young and dynamic with previous working experience in the big 4 auditing firms.
- Minimum Second Class Upper Degree from a reputable University in Finance/Accounting, Economics/Business Administration or any related field.
- Must hold a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, or ACMA).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Strong analytical background.
- Experience of managing a number of simultaneous tasks and projects by prioritizing effectively and monitoring progress.
- Must have completed the compulsory National Youth Service.
- Minimum of 3-5 years post-NYSC relevant professional experience in accounting or audit related functions with a Capital Markets Operator or Financial Institution.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and solve problems.