The purpose of this role is to move the current intranet forward from a news and information site to an interactive, relevant, two-way communications channel. The person in this role should work closely with relevant stakeholders to map a short / medium term plan to implement changes to the existing platform to improve usability and also consider a long term vision for the intranet to ensure it continues to support the business moving forward.
In addition, the person in this role will be required to provide assistance to the Group Head of Internal Communications in the areas of portfolio project and budget management and tracking as well as other ad-hoc cross-functional projects.
This is a varied role demanding flexibility and adaptability. Whilst the person will not require specific IT development or design skills, it demands a solid understanding of intranet-relevant IT matters and significant knowledge of Interact.
The person should be able to work with a broad range of stakeholders to ensure teams are working together to achieve objectives.
1. Global accountability for intranet development
2. Portfolio project management and budget responsibility
3. Engagement and influence across functions (IT investment)
Audience: 60,000 employees (30,000 desktop-enabled) in 180 markets
- Previous experience of day-to-day management of a corporate intranet (content and context management) in a global organisation of a similar size
- Ability to operate effectively in a virtual environment, engaging communicators across the group
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of conceptual intranet development, good practice user experience and information architecture
- Very strong creative and visual design approach
- Excellent project management skills, able to manage several projects at once on an on-going basis
- Good knowledge of contemporary internal communications good practice, including channels, tools, message development and measurement, with ability to innovate and implement new ideas
- Good analytical skills with ability to capture clients’ objectives and user requirements
- Demonstrable strong management and leadership competencies including motivating, developing and supporting others, decision making, with the capacity to make informed judgements and taking responsibility for outcomes
- Able to manage large budgets and successfully select and manage skilled suppliers
- Sound understanding of British American Tobacco’s business, issues and organisation structures or ability to rapidly acquire it.
- High quality written and verbal communications skills in fluent English
Key Success Factors
- Roadmap and strategy developed
- Policies, processes and approval committees in place
- Intranet refreshed and relaunched in line with 12 month roadmap
- Work requests successfully delivered on time
- Good relationships established with relevant stakeholders / suppliers