- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within company.
- Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for product throughout production cycle.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Create and direct environmental test functions and applications.
- Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analytical.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Time Management.
- Performance Management.
- Business Acumen.
- Results oriented
- Capable of leading team
Committed approach to work and commitment to own professional development
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a good first degree in Pharmacology
- Must be a licensed pharmacist
- A second degree in a relevant course is required
- Age below 40 years
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Supervisory/management experience.