Import / Export Specialist for United Arab Emirates and Middle East Region. The successful candidate will work in a team focused on Imports and Exports to/from United Arab Emirates to all parts of the World, and primarily focusing on exports from UAE to other world areas. The person will provide and apply expertise in the area of Logistics and documentation related to Containerized Transport (Dry Box and ISO tank) and Air. The International Trade Operations Group is part of Supply Chain Operations covering all modes of Transport including warehousing and bulk liquid storage in UAE.
- Logistics focal point for Import / Export operational issues for business representatives as well as logistics service providers in UAE.
- Conduct carrier performance meetings with MPC carriers and Freight forwarder(s) and manage KPI’s with carriers and freight forwarders.
- Provide Export/Import expertise to 6 sigma initiatives and execute improvement projects.
- Manage UAE and Middle East country specific issues and Logistics exceptions.
- Responsible to execute the RCI in case of serious or moderate incident with containers shipped to or from the UAE
- Participate in/Lead optimization studies and understanding the impact of business Client volume changes to the current process
- Initiate develop and implement work process and systems enhancements
- Provide support and work acting as an interface conduit between Dow hubs in receiving regions in any matter associated to International movements to and from United Arab Emirates
- Participate in Global teams to leverage practices form other regions
- Lead or participate in the implementation of freight tenders for MPC, and Air international Transportation
- Implementation of ELDP for United Arab Emirates
- Act as the exception manager for situations that are out of the ordinary or require immediate Dow assistance and engagement
- Act as business focal point for special arrangements to be organized for transportation of documentation
- University Degree (Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, other Sciences), or equivalent professional experience in the field of International Trade and transportation.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience on International Trade in Middle East countries ,preferably in United Arab Emirates.
- APICS CPIM Certification preferred
- Understanding of/and Experience in Logistics and Distribution, and related export documentation and procedures
- Experience in Supply Chain operations would be a plus.
- Experience in working with or for a Freight Forwarder is a plus
- Fluency in Arab and English.
Global/Functional Competencies: Critical competencies are:
- INTERPERSONNEL EFFECTIVENESS: job success will require successful interaction with a wide range of business and functional representatives as well as with external parties.
- INITIATIVE: proactively identifies issues and develop solutions and takes actions to achieve the desired results
- LEADERSHIP: provides direction and guidance to internal and external resources and motivates changes contributing towards the achievement of the business requirements
- SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: making effective use of analytical tools and methodologies to identify root causes, particularly as these relate to transportation safety, deviations and opportunities (e.g. asset optimization)
Critical local aspects: FLEXIBILITY AND RESULTS ORIENTED: This individual will join the UAE SC team based in UAE (Dubai/Jebel Ali). His/her capability to learn fast and be able to adapt to the Dow culture , processes , systems and interdependencies with Sadara and other related transaction in the Middle East. The individual may need to work with local authorities, influence the selection of services logistics providers as well as track their performance indicators to ensure exports are in compliance with local and receiving regulations to meet Dow’s internal and external customers expectations.