Report to the Chief Financial Officer
To assist the CFO in developing, establishing and implementing inventory policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update the Inventory Database of the Company.
- Alert Management on poor stock management practices observed and initiate actions to mitigate possible losses.
- Ensure proper, accurate, timely and relevant financial records are maintained.
- Ensure that there are duly authorized documentary approvals for all data entered into the Inventory Database.
- To ensure effective liaison between the Supply Chain Management Team, Internal Control, Accounts and other User Departments on matters relating to inventory management.
- Handle Goods returned by adjusting such stock item(s) out of the Vendors Account; printing the adjusted Vendorâ€™s invoice and passing same to the Store and the Accounts Department.
- Maintain acceptable and accurate inventory levels at the store and retail outlets
- Support annual physical inventory process across branch network.
- Work closely with Procurement, Store and Field Management to assure proper inventory control and accounting practices.
- Support the Company budgeting process with Account Analysis.
- Coordinate with Accounts Department to ensure that all product costs are properly taken in the cost of sales and inventory costs.
- Perform margin analysis by SKU, category and by branch.
- Responsible for communicating inventory levels and locations to Management.
- Coordinate with Store Team to implement and ensure control system to reduce damage, breakage, expiration, short-dating, etc.
- â€¢ Assist other functional units within the Finance team in carrying out jobs as and when required by Management.
- Ensure that goods received by Store are matched with the actual invoices from the suppliers in the RetailPro system.
- Report shortfalls and surplus inventory weekly and monthly for replenishment
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc inventory levels and consumption reports to all the relevant departments
- Bachelor€™s degree/HND in Accounting with 5 years relevant experience
- Demonstrable experience in the same capacity
- Ability to handle people, processes and products
- Sound analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Innovative and forward thinking, with a track record of executing new ideas
- Excellent organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in the use of ERP
- Understanding of the principles of IFRS in relation to Inventory
- Influential leadership, managerial and communications skills.