Responsible for receiving and issuing out inventory to all users and maintaining accurate inventory records.
• Ensure inbound and outbound inventory are receipted and managed appropriately according to company procedure.
• Responsible for reporting shortages, overages for all inventory levels weekly/monthly
• Responsible for classifying, labeling and warehousing all inventory for easy retrieval
• Keep accurate records of inventory levels and location.
• Responsible for communicating with sales category managers and purchasing on inventory levels and take out status.
• Must maintain a record of all transfers either via take out or delivery and disposal.
• Responsible for implementing and following a control system to reduce damages, breakage and inventory obsolescence.
• Receives and logs all incoming inventory from both proprietary purchases and returns.
• Conduct periodic physical inventory counts as required by company policy and reconcile the inventory records for a complete and accurate count.
• Implement proper and accurate inventory policies to deter theft and inventory misuse
• Manage and control perpetual inventory stock counting / inventory accuracy checks
• Minimise overstocks and removal of obsolete / redundant products to maximize availability of storage space and working capital.
• Provide routine management information on inventory performance
• Implement improvement processes and systems to reduce inventory, minimize costs and maximize working capital.
• Write and maintain accurate written procedures for inventory control processes and
• Participate in managing and running planned stock taking exercises in the Order Fulfilment Centre.
• Working team members to combat issues surrounding quality, best practice and speed
of their work
• Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Unit Head
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a University degree in any related discipline
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in a similar role would be an added advantage
- Knowledge in inventory processes
- Data entry skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize on work load
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel
The following skills are essential:
- Analytical ability
- Ability to create workable work flow processes
- Problem solving skills