The Investigator will be expected to support and conduct investigations which may involve, but are not limited to, fraud, theft, bribery and corruption, conflict of interest, anti-trust and may involve employees, contract employees, vendors/suppliers and others into potential breaches of the Code of Conduct, company policy and the law to maximize success and minimize liability and to effectively facilitate management decision-making including consequence management. Key responsibilities will include but not limited to
• Plan and execute investigations into possible violations of the Code of Conduct, company policy and relevant laws.
• Identify accounting and internal control weaknesses, and determine the quantum of potential and actual loss.
• Conduct witness and subject interviews, collection, preservation and analysis of evidence (digital and hard copy) to appropriate court standards.
• Prepare detailed written reports subject to third party review (civil and/or criminal) and testify as required in legal proceedings.
• Manage whistleblowers while maintaining the strict confidence.
• Liaise effectively and maintain a network of contacts with relevant law enforcement agencies, criminal justice bodies and other key stakeholders.
• Manage third party contractors including forensic accounting firms and forensic IT contractors.
• Respond to company emergency situations that may require travels at short notice
• Participate in various audit activities as required.
A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, forensic accounting or Law with 5-7 years substantial experience within a major corporate organization in law enforcement, and conducting investigations into fraud or financial crimes. The preferred candidate should have a proven track record of analyzing vast amounts of data and information and cutting through to the key elements without getting lost in the detail (Speed and Simplicity).
• Ideally a result oriented, confident self-starter with high level energy and creative ideas.
• Deliver sound judgment in relation to the requirements of assessing compliance matters in an international context
• Able to judge an audience and deliver information in a relevant, concise and clear manner.
• Operates with unquestionable honesty and integrity and ability to maintain a high level of objectivity.
• Strong conceptual and problem solving skills with ability to grasp complex situations.
• Able to operate in culturally sensitive situations while taking a structured and effective approach to challenge.
• Stellar communication, interpersonal and data analytics skills.
• Able to operate in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.