Scope of Work: The Investment Analysts will work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for business development, project design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects in the manufacturing, agribusiness and services sectors in Sub Saharan Africa. The Investment Analysts will help identify new projects, assist Investment Officers in executing deals and supervise a portfolio of loan, quasi-equity and equity investments.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Create financial models;
- Analyze historical and projected financial statements;
- Conduct industry and market research and assist in IFC’s business development efforts;
- Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements and project progress reports and other information submitted by clients;
- Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes;
- Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities;
- Participate in investment negotiations;
- Participate in monitoring of investments in portfolio companies.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialization in finance;
- Experience in a financial institution (2+ years) with a proven track record;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
- Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
- Demonstrated teamwork skills;
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Experience of having worked on investments related to the manufacturing, agribusiness and services sectors will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is essential and in French is an added advantage.