The British Council is currently looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join us in Lagos (Mainland, Lekki and Ajah), Port Harcourt and Ibadan as Venue Staff.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To invigilate exams to British Council and Examination Board standards.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including people management and finance)
· As an invigilator with the British Council, the post holder will be line managed by Exams Officers. · Reliability: to ensure tests/exams are delivered securely according to board requirements.
· Quality: to deliver a high standard of customer service to our customers and test/ exam candidates. Performance is measured by our own Exams Quality Standards and the inspection visits from exam boards.
· The post holder might be required to invigilate exams at locations different from their base.
· Attend training sessions before conducting any invigilation duties.
· Attend the annual refresher training sessions.
· Attend other meetings as required by British Council staff.
· before applying, you need to have a valid identity card (international passport, National ID or Permanent Voters Card)
· you need to be able to supply details of two referees, once shortlisted, your referees will be contacted for references
· you will be required to bring the original copy of your ID and credentials for sighting
· have a functional Nigerian bank account in your name
· you may only apply to one of the advertised locations .