To plan, design and coordinate all new IP/MPLS, Network Core services and Value Added Services projects that support the present and future network growth needs in line with business requirements.
Specifically, the IP Planning responsibilities shall include:
· Plan, design and coordinate the implementation of IP/MPLS related new products and services.
· Plan all IP backbone integration events, control project processes for capacity expansion, integrations, and new services.
· Receive inputs on weekly & monthly basis on network performance monitoring and trend analyses, for effective capacity planning and expansion in line with network growth trends and traffic patterns.
· Develop and evolve IP addressing, naming and numbering formats for all network segments and devices on the IP NGN infrastructure.
· Produce and evolve designs for integration and extension of the Core NGN and POPs and Meet-me locations.
· Plan, schedule and conduct site visits and surveys for accurate and effective project execution, network design, and integration coordination.
· Design and coordinate implementation of Quality and Class of Service techniques at the network Edge and in the IP backbone network.
· Provide adequate high level support to the IP Operations team during Implementation of hybrid/complex projects.
· Upon Escalation of Problem ticket, Provide L2/L3 support to Premium customers by providing coordinated problem resolution.
· Minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience required in complex network project implementations.
· Strong experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches
· Cisco IOS/IOS XR experience will be an added advantage
· Strong understanding of a process driven environment
· L2 and L3 MPLS experience
· Routing protocol troubleshooting experience (BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, EIGRP)
· Cisco Certified Design professional (CCDP)
· CCNP , CCIP, CCSP certification or equivalent experience
· CCIE Certified – will be an added advantage.
Demands on the job
· Strong written and verbal skills
· Strong customer service experience required
· Availability to work overtime in times of emergency and specialized project deliveries.
· Understand and manage the pressure of a 24×7 customer support environment