Department: Network - Operations and Maintenance
- Coordinate all Data and IP Core Related Projects.
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
- Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
- Plan resources for assigned projects, defining responsibilities and scope of work for each team member.
- Conduct a post implementation review and documentation and follow up on outstanding items.
- Manage documentation process, ensuring completeness and easy referral to project documents.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- First degree in Elect., Computer Sc./Engineering or Project Management
- Formal Project Management certification or training would be an advantage
- CCNP /CCIE Knowledge or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience in a medium Organisation
- In depth knowledge of IP/MPLS Network
- Experience in a delivery driven IP & Data network environment
- Experience in operations or planning background in IP or Telecommunications.
- Project Management certification
- Experience in Internet Protocol, Data Networks & Equipment’s, Transmission Infrastructure and Communications Service Delivery
- Data Networks training
- IP Routing Protocols
- Radio Transmission (PtP, PtMP/Wimax)
- GSM System Basics
- New technologies training / seminar
- Training on vendor equipment and software
- Exchange training with other MTN networks
- BA, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND