End-to-End activation (design, configuration, test, turn-up) of unmanaged IP solutions across the EMEA region (including out of hours when required). Mangage own pending order queue to ensure CRD/CCD targets are met. Implementation of customer IP orders to both meet customer expectations and deliver order revenue in line with business commitments and internal metrics.
Represent IPSA in internal meetings when delegated.
Become an SME for an existing or new product / technology as agreed with line manager.
Provide technical assistance, mentoring and OJT to provisioners when required, on the job training of new provisioners, UATs and project impact assessments.
Adhere to procedures and support policies regarding the installation of customer Internet access solutions within committed time scales and service level agreements.
Provide management and allocation of public IP address space, utilizing a working knowledge of RIPE policies and procedures (included rDNS delegation).
5 years experience
Technology related discipline combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
CCNA and JNCIA, CCNP preferred;
• Exhibit a thorough understanding of Implementation and operational issues, demonstrated by a practical approach to technical problem solving.
• Minimum 5 years experience of configuration and troubleshooting of customer services on a large IP network, for an Internet Service Provider or Telecommunications Operator and including the following :-
Extensive knowledge and experience of TCP/IP – IP Services Protocol Suite;
Strong BGP design and configuration skills, over a SONET/SDH transport layer / Ethernet
Configuration experience of Cisco and Juniper hardware, and associated operating systems;
Strong IPVPN/ MPLS configuration skills (RFC 2547, RSVP TE, Martini draft);
Working knowledge of VPLS technology
Experience of: IPv6, OSPF, NAT, OSI, rDNS delegation, layer 2 switching, spanning tree, vlans, hsrp.
• Ensure effective management of own order workload, including pending orders and disconnects to ensure the effective delivery of customer orders to meet committed delivery dates and internal business metrics
• Follow the IPSA team philosophy of ownership of customer orders (individual order accountability). This will require you to identify risks and raising of appropriate escalations or expedites to mitigate against these risks
• Identify chronic failure, and work with the Head of EMEA IPSA to create relevant Service Improvement Plans to ensure long term resolution of these failures
• Evaluate, design and configure customer Internet Access/IPVPN/MPLS/VPLS solutions, including the design and configuration of high speed access switches and routers.
• Develop and adhere to procedures and support policies regarding the installation of customer IP service solutions within committed time scales and service level agreements
• Manage Level 3’s status as a RIPE NCC Local Internet Registry (providing management and allocation of public IP address space).