• Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
• Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues;
• Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
• Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
• Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
• Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
• Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
• Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers;
• Testing and evaluating new technology;
• Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy ERP applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
• Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of ERP software programs and applications.
• Ensure that any ERP integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
• Perform daily monitoring and troubleshooting of the ERP system; install and configure patches and upgrades as required.
• Prepare and deliver activity and progress reports for presentation to the executive management team.
• Provide direction for the application team in support of ERP operations.
• Coordinate feasibility studies for ERP products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
• Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with design specifications, program logic, and data conversions.
Certifications in ERP systems administration would be an added advantage;
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in similar position;
• Must have a second class lower (2:2) degree
• Must be 26 years and above
• Must have a good command of English
Required Competencies, Knowledge and Personal Attributes
• Good project management skills.
• Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.