Our client is a major player in the upstream, and downstream segments of the petroleum sector. With a quality portfolio of oil and gas assets in Nigeria, our capabilities extend through upstream (exploration & production and drilling), downstream, trading of oil product, sub-surface engineering and data appraisal for geophysics and petroleum projects.
- Responsible for maintaining the company's IT network, servers and security systems to ensure business continuity
- Responsible for investigating and diagnosing network problems, collecting IT usage stats, making recommendations for improving the company's IT systems and carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions.
- Assist colleagues with more basic IT needs by sharing IT related knowledge to help others, including setting up new users and managing backup, security and passwords.
- Serves as the Company’s internet police, monitoring internet and email use.
- Obtain hardware and software quotes on behalf of users and other staff as need be and purchase hardware and software following set procedures with guidance.
- Follow software purchasing guidelines and liaise with the Network Manager to ensure software is compatible with the company’s network.
- Advise IT Support Staff of all relevant hardware/software deliveries.
- Develop company website and design database as well as keeping databases up to date.
- Liaising with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers and other technical staff.
- Managing database security/integrity and backup procedures.
- Writing reports, documentation and operating manuals and writing disaster recovery plans.
- Providing user training, support and feedback.
- Archiving data.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to deal with complexities
- Good understanding of software and database management system
- Knowledge of installing IT hardware and software
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Professional memberships required
- At least,4 years prior experience in providing work station support
- Working experience of IT operating system(Windows, Exchange and Citrix).