Deliver and commission IT/ICT hardware and resources to work areas as required.
· Create a structured approach to rolling out new hardware or software, including procurement, testing and user training if needed.
· Provide onsite support to troubleshoot and resolve IT issues as they may arise in area of responsibility
· Implement company’s IT/ICT policies in areas of assignment.
· Perform routine checks to ensure that broadband connectivity is maintained in field and work areas and speedily coordinate corrective actions in case of an outage or poor performance.
· Develop and follow through a maintenance schedule for all requisite IT equipment (computer hardware, software and networks), and ensure compliance.
· Manage the company intranet and internet systems for content and security, and provide support to departments for customized IT solutions as may be requested
· Ensure the safe disposal of obsolete equipment, used consumables and waste materials in line with recognized procedures and legal requirements
· Manage company email accounts and servers and ensure security protocols are preserved at all times.
· Manage company IT licenses and ensure integrity and compliance. Monitor and report any illegal IT activity on company infrastructure and report any violations to appropriate authorities.
· Manage company’s telecommunications systems (mobile phone services, land phones, conference bridges, broadband internet systems, mobile radios and other specialized telecommunication systems.
· Ensure seamless data and video communication between work locations
· Constantly advise on improved and cost efficient technologies to improve company’s IT systems and telecommunications network.
IT Vendor Management
· Manage IT contractors working for company to develop scope of work and provide project management as may be needed for deployment of ICT systems. Ensure safety standards are followed by vendors and ensure IT services being provided by vendors are commissioned to company standards.
· Propose cost saving measures on IT systems and solutions.
· Constantly evaluate company IT/ICT infrastructure for continuous improvement
· Provide annual budget estimates and performance reports on IT systems and solutions.
· Must have a good IT background – in IT hardware, software and communication systems
· Must be ready to work in offsite and challenging environments
· Appropriate certifications in relevant IT areas are required
· Must be creative in troubleshooting and solving problems
· Very good team player and collaborator
· Excellent communication and presentation skillsRequired Education and Experience:
Minimum 3+ years’ experience in IT in a medium to large organization
Demonstration of robust and wide IT responsibility in prior assignments
Minimum have a good first degree or HND in related discipline.