If you are interested in this position then you should be aware that your key responsibilities would include:
- Continous development of the Organisation’s website
Increasing the site’s search engine optimization and ranking through search engine ranking, meta descriptions and site
- Establishing online marketing initiatives to increase site traffic (registration with other election related sites, sharing of news and blogs with other sites, engaging with other commonâ€ interest sites).
- Designing web pages including graphics, visuals, video and functionality in conjunction with the organisation’s technical team.
- Monitoring web traffic and providing monthly reports.
- Providing troubleshooting support and liaison with web and email providers, as required.
- Assist in the development of web publicity campaigns, as required.
- Building and maintaining required databases.
- Developing web applications (e.g. mobile applications), as required.
- Co-manage the organisation’s online platforms
Desired Competencies & Experience
- To be selected for this role, you should be able to demonstrate the following competencies
- Possession of a degree in Multimedia Design, Information Technology, Computer Science or any other related field.
- 3- 5 years previous work experience in a similar role
- Proficient with Fireworks, Flash, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign or other design and video-editing software
- Strong understanding of best practices for online usability, accessibility and search engine optimization.
- High comfort level with social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, 2go etc.
- Ability to design templates for e-newsletters and graphics such as banners & logos
- Knowledge of web trends, analytics and necessary tools to track & manage
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal), organisational and interpersonal skills
- Good research skills with excellent computer skills and time management skills.
- Display a high level of attention to detail while being able to work well under pressure
- Experience with online marketing initiatives.
- Knowledge of database management programs
- Ability to work well with senior management, colleagues and the public.
- Demonstrates an analytical & systematic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to make decisions which influence the success of a project or enhances team objectives.
- Knowledge of Nigerian languages and previous NGO experience is desirable but not compulsory
- High degree of trustworthiness, discretion & confidentiality.