This position acts as a consultant to and partners with the business to identify and document business requirements, estimate tasks and timelines, and execute project deliverables. The role will actively participate in business process improvements and system implementation projects, primarily as a subject matter expert.
- Work collaboratively with client's business units to define business requirements and provide consultative support as needed regarding applications and business work flow.
- Prepare business and functional requirements documents and all other required documentation for standard & non-standard Software Development Lifecycle Process.
- Create project artifacts to include project charter, project plan, communication plan and risk register
- Develop business requirements and/or functional designs for new or existing applications
- Create business process diagrams in support of application requirements gathering and process improvement
- Develop Request for Proposals (RFP's) or other procurement documents, meet with potential vendors, produce evaluation matrix's and lead project teams through solution analysis
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years’ experience in a business environment, with experience managing IT projects.
- A PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project.
- Knowledge of BPMN 2.0
- 3-5 years business or systems analysis experience required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Well-organized with the ability to work independently while still being a team player
- Experience with Vendor management
- Knowledge of PMI's Project Management methodology; PMP certification a plus
- Experience with SharePoint or similar cloud alternative solutions to manage project artifacts and progress
- Understanding of IT industry trends and tools
- Role requires extensive travel.