- The IT Department is responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and for providing efficient desktop support to all business users.
- The department is also responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the IT provision extended within the business.
- The post holder will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and
- support to the IT Manager.
- The post holder is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Laptop
- Desktop operating systems, and Avaya plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software.
Duties/Areas of Responsibility
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Escalate IT issues to the IT Manager whereever necessary.
- Responsible for managing backups.
- Diagnosis and resolution of technical issues.
- Handling small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the IT Manager.
- Provide desktop and server support.
- Support and maintain Desktops and MS Outlook.
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops.
- Install authorised software to laptops and desktops.
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date on desktops and laptops.
- Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops.
- Fault-finding to laptops and desktops.
- Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops where necessary.
- Patching of network.
- Crimping of network cables.
- Ensure all logs for equipment and users are maintained.
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software.
- Ensuring all software purchased licensing is recorded and maintained.
- Mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes.
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements.
- Providing support for MAC and PC.
- IP Phone Experience . E.g Avaya.
- Professional Exam: Certifications like MCP, MSCA, MSCE or CCNA added advantage.
- Experience : 2 years plus.