Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, Direct, Manage and Oversee IT/Communication Operational Activities:
- Develop Information Technology Strategy in support of the company’s mission and core objectives.
- Develop an annual IT Plan, Operation and Capital Budget for the department and monitor the implementation of projects to ensure the organization’s targets are met.
- Oversee the deployment of all IT Infrastructure and Business software roll-out.
- Oversee the implementation of network security at the corporate level.
- Ensure compliance on all software and communication License.
Plan, Direct, Manage and Oversee SCADA and Control Systems (SSS, DCS and PLC) Activities:
- Ensure that the overall operating and controlling philosophy is incorporated in the design and deployment of the SCADA, DCS and SSS systems.
- Review and approve amendments to SCADA and Control systems operational procedures, including overrides, isolation, testing.
- Carry out and assist with investigations into SCADA and Control Systems related incidents, including recommending actions to prevent recurrence.
- Provide assistance in the Deployment, Operation and maintenance of the metering/measurement systems.
- Provide assistance in the Deployment, Operation and maintenance of the Gas Quality monitoring systems.
- Provide assistance in the Deployment, Operation and maintenance of the Fire and Gas Systems.
- Provide assistance in the Deployment, Operation and maintenance standalone PLC systems.
People Management and Organization:
- Supervise, develop and coach team members to ensure the maximization of their potential.
- Provide career development opportunities, challenging projects and time for learning and education for team.
- Develop and keep a scorecard of Key Performance Indicators - KPI’s for measuring the performance-of employees of the Eastern-area and for administering PPRP for direct reports.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree in Electrical/Electronic, Information Technology or Computer Engineering with a Minimum of 8 years’ post degree experience will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic, Information Technology or Computer Engineering with a minimum of 10 years’ post degree experience.
- Certification in IT systems, IT Project Management and ITIL.
- Other certifications; CCNA, CCNP, MCSE.
- A good understanding of Control and telecommunication systems. Exceptional communication skills are essential in order to explain complex IT concepts to non-technical Colleagues.
- Proven IT Management experience.
- A proven track record of driving and defining a complex IT strategy.
- In- depth experience of negotiating with and managing third parties.
- Experience of managing multiple IT disciplines i.e. software development, technical support, systems architecture etc.
- Plan own work with little or no supervision.
- Coordinate and track multiple activities and work under sustained pressure.