Purpose of the role:
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the IT Manager will be primarily responsible for TNS RMS, Nigeria IT and Communications Network and Systems, ensuring the systems are running efficiently and reliably, and ensuring that end users are supported. IT Manager will provide a strategic overview to meet the future business and systems requirements.
- Managing and implementing new IT systems of an infrastructure and development nature, mainly, but not exclusively in the Lagos office working closely with Head of Information Systems and Technology in WECA.
- Participating in the Business Unit driving innovation and keeping up to date with new developments to ensure that technology is used as effectively as possible within all areas of TNS.
- Evaluating business processes / workflows, working closely with Head of Information Systems and Technology, IT Systems Developer and other structures within TNS to develop new business systems.
- Planning, preparing and delivering internal IT training.
- Independently managing IT Support in the Lagos office (incl all workstations, laptops, printers, servers, video conferencing and other communication facilities).
- Providing high-level technical support to the Call Centre.
- Providing backup support of users in Lagos and occasionally those in other West Africa (WA) offices.
- Administration of servers & backups, mainly, but not exclusively in the Lagos office.
- Promoting and maintaining a high level of service delivery & professionalism within the business unit.
- Developing relationships and communication with all users regarding IT.
- Providing timeous feedback to Business Unit Head on potential IT infrastructure and support issues.
- Supporting client facing teams in terms of software supplier interface.
- Adding strategic value throughout the business with little guidance from the Director of Operations, Nigeria.