- The main focus of the role will be: overall IT leadership for MSION, IT vision and planning, business engagement, IT governance and controls, data security, and supplier management.
- Be the primary point of contact for all IT related business requirements for the Country Director and senior programme leadership. Provide appropriate direction, guidance and resolution. Proactively consider and identify areas where technology can assist and enable the delivery MSION business goals.
- Provide effective communication and interaction with functional, channel and programme teams to ensure robust infrastructure and end-to-end solutions are delivered and ongoing support provided
- Lead and drive effective use of the IT governance processes. Ensure that all project activities are controlled within the processes and required approvals are obtained. Project manage individual projects, as required - working with key stakeholders, define, scope of projects and manage the implementation of identified IT projects as required, ensuring the delivery of the project objectives to meet agreed requirements and specifications.
- Overall responsibility for the smooth running of the IT infrastructure including Servers, Network, Virtualisation, Storage, Cloud and Desktop environments. Key to the success of this will be the development of a coherent infrastructure plan. Propose technical strategies and solutions, give guidance on all aspects of the MSION infrastructure to the IT team.
- Design and review of security policies and operational procedures for the protection of MSION data including anti-virus, encryption, mobile device management, effective back up (and restore) and disaster recovery - taking into account relevant national legislation and MSI organisational policies
- Provide effective supplier management. Establish and maintain strategic relationships with key vendors and partners. Provide advice and guidance on contract negotiation, IT hardware and solution procurement, and support and maintenance arrangements.
- Play a leading role in the development and justification of robust IT planning which is aligned to MSION business goals and priorities. Manage budgets and control expenditure within role remit.
- Provide leadership to the MSION IT team. Establish IT processes, best practices and procedures where required and provide advice and guidance to MSION IT staff. Establish regular meetings to better inform and share ideas, develop the team and resolve issues.
- Design and implement of a management reporting system which effectively tracks and measures IT delivery and performance against established criteria.
- Minimum of 8 years post-graduate experience with a minimum of 3 years in a strategic/ similar position.
- A good first Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Professional qualification e.g. MBA, PGC, RELEVANT IT CERTIFICATIONS will be an added advantage.
- Strong commercial knowledge to facilitate understanding of the business
- Technical knowledge to enable adding value through the use of technology (broad domain knowledge)
- A good understanding of technical architecture
- Previous experience of managing an IT team (technical, infrastructure, project delivery, business alignment, planning, support)
- Business process design
- Business change management
- Prior exposure to working in an NGO environment
- Significant management experience in a business facing IT role
- Demonstrated significant programme and project management experience
- Supplier management
- Exposure to web development lifecycle and web solution management
- Business case preparation and justification
- Portfolio management and prioritisation.
- Supplier management, procurement and contract negotiation. Preparation of RFI, RFP, ITT documentation
- Preparation of Business Case documentation
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong people/team management
- Strong finance and budget management
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results
- Business empathy
- ITIL, Prince 2 exposure (or other IT service Management and Project Management Qualification)
Attitude / Motivation:
- Confident in leading with people at all levels in the organisation
- Team player, providing support and encouragement
- Open with new ideas, and proposing improvements
- Operate in an open and transparent manner with all MSION team members, stakeholders and customers
- Able to negotiate agreed solutions where conflicts arise.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language and ensuring information is clear and concise
- Use initiative to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Consultative approach to ensure that all team views are considered within decision making process
- Support and adherence to MSION vision and goals
- Focused on delivery with a ‘can do’ approach.