Oscar Temple was established to provide a fully comprehensive search and selection recruitment process to the Financial services, Technology and Telecom sector, both on a permanent and interim basis. We can proudly say that we are one of the few genuine market leaders within these niche markets and pride ourselves on the quality of opportunities we can offer to our candidates.
Our Client, a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa is in need of qualified professionals due to expansion.
Purpose of role
You will be responsible for configuring the files or databases, hosts, routers, and network configuration servers.
- Configure and install various network devices and services
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Minimum HND/BSc. Degree in Computer Science or in a related discipline.
- 3 - 5 years networking, database and Security industry experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with: Information systems, Unix/Linux, Windows AD, ERPs, LANS/WANS; Windows Server Environment, Microsoft SQL Server; Microsoft Exchange; Internet Information Services; Oracle; Web design, software development languages; backup systems, database and Security industry experience.
- CCNP in Routing & Switching a plus
- Technical & Professional proficiency.