Reports To: IT Manager
- Facilitate operational efficiency of the IT solutions and infrastructure
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of all computer hardware, software and accessoriesPlan and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Engage platform users to identify and recommend required upgrades
- Obtaining replacement or specialist components, fixtures or fittings
- Checking computer equipment for electrical safety
- Maintaining records of software licenses
- Manage stock of equipment, consumables and other supplies
- Vendor(s)/service provider management
- Implementing policies and procedures for IT acquisition and utilization
- 1st line systems and solution support
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong technical skills with the ability to address a wide range of problems including: - network architecture; hardware and software; server administration; programming anf solutions development.
- Demonstrated Information Systems security knowledge and skills
- Experience in solutions delivery, implementation and integration
- Demonstrated competence in multiplesoftware environments: e.g. Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP Professional, Window Vista, SQL Server 2005, Veritas Backup Exec, Exchange 2003, etc.
- Ability to multi-task
- Good project execution and management skills
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 3-5 years of high level cum hands-on experience in an enterprise IT environment dealing with distributed systems distributed over multiple sites
- Age 30 years and below
- Possession of at least one of the following professional certifications, MCSE, CCNA/P, CCDA/P, etc. will be an added advantage.