- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Required Experience
- 7 - 10 years
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Male or Female
- Working within our specialist Telecoms Procurement team, reporting into Technology Procurement, you will be supporting the requirements of the Telecoms functions across Sky Network Services, Product, Design & Development, Customer Telephony, Sky Sports and The Cloud.
- You will be leading and supporting colleagues in delivering the overall strategic sourcing service to projects across Technology and Sky’s business operations.
- The key objectives of the role involve reviewing current practices, identifying improvement opportunities, determining the most appropriate procurement strategies and from these, generating quality, delivery and commercial benefits and supporting the Telecoms Team Lead across all areas as directed
- To prosper in this role you will have significant procurement experience in Telecoms & Technology category areas preferably within a large blue-chip organisation.
- Ideally experience with IP, Access, Optical, Voice, Carriers, Mobile and Fibre.
- Ability to demonstrable your vast experience of commercial and legal negotiations, possessing the skill and confidence to influence and negotiate effectively at all levels with internal stakeholders and vendors.
- Experience of eProcurement and eSourcing tools, you will have excellent numeracy skills and the ability to reconcile spend to budgets and accounting procedures, along with a sound analysis of data.
- From issues you will be able to develop workable solutions on a timely basis.
- In-depth analytical and financial understanding of the service cost models and lifetime cost of acquisition.
- Excellent contract negotiation skills in order to address issues with key suppliers at Exec and Board level.
- High level of professionalism and transparency across all activities with a flexible approach, willingness to learn and a natural outlook to pressurised, fast moving and changing circumstances and dependencies.
- Candidates should be Degree or equivalent qualified and ideally MCIPS qualified.