- To provide an operational IT Security support to ensure that the bank is not compromised in anyway. The operation support includes anti-virus, intrusion detection, key management as well the delivery of and content scanning of all internet mail incoming and outgoing.
- Ensuring that all incidents are responded to, actioned and resolved within the required MTTR. Also ensure that calls are escalated and communicated to the required support area and user.
- Participates in the design and development of processes and controls to manage and monitor authorized requests for access to enterprise applications.
- Participates in the design and development of processes to monitor and assess security compliance practices, monitors logical access and participates in internal audits to determine if security objectives, processes and controls are effectively applied, maintained and performed as expected.
- Participates in the design of user authentication and authorization systems to manage data access privileges; data collection and management procedures and information security controls.
- Contributes to plans for performance reports and audit processes and participates in the design of application, middleware and other security controls, administration tests, test scripts criteria and procedures.
- Participates in security related problem identification, analysis and resolution, including procedural, operational and technical problems in a collaborative environment.
- Recommends appropriate corrective and risk mitigation activities.
- Identifies and sets appropriate security and parameters in configurable software to meet operations security requirements.
- Participates in the assessment of the effectiveness of the data security processes and procedures against industry standards and guidelines.
- Provide high level competency with regard to mainframe IT security systems
- Conduct regular risk assessments of IT controls against desired security state