As a Security Consultant within the global Information Security team, the individual will be a trusted security advisor to a portfolio of IT project teams responsible for delivering business solutions. The Security Consultant will provide security guidance, identify and prioritize security-related requirements, promote secure-by-default designs and facilitate delivery of information security services throughout the system development life cycle (SDLC). The Security Consultant will also be expected to perform risk assessments of information systems and infrastructure, develop appropriate risk treatment and mitigation options, and effectively articulate findings and recommendations to IT project teams and management. The successful candidate should have solid background in application and or infrastructure development, broad experience over an array of information security and technical disciplines and be able to provide pragmatic, business-aligned security guidance. The Security Consultant will be expected to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
· Define and provide pragmatic security guidance that balance business benefit and risks.
· Engage IT project teams throughout the SDLC to identify and prioritize applicable security controls and provide guidance on how to implement these controls
· Perform risk assessments of information systems and infrastructure
· Maintain and enhance the Information Security risk assessment methodology
· Define security configuration standards for platforms and technologies
· Develop appropriate risk treatment and mitigation options to address security risks identified during security review or audit
· Translate technical vulnerabilities into business risk terminology for business units and recommend corrective actions to customers and project stake-holders
· Provide knowledge sharing and technical assistance to other team members
· Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in responsible technologies and have deep technical understanding of responsible portfolios
Extensive experience in an Information Security or Information Technology discipline with demonstrated experience in one or more the following: