The IT service desk officer will provide high quality systems support for the various departments in Main One and shall be responsible for managing and resolving all IT related issues/queries, and will also play an active role in IT implementation. His specific responsibilities shall include the following:
His specific responsibilities shall include the following:
- Set-up and install computer hardware and software including disk, tape, printers, modems, and related peripherals.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on computer hardware including backup, recovery and equipment cleaning.
- Train users on computer hardware/software and other electronic office equipment.
- First level selection and design of the hardware and, network and software necessary to operate and improve Main One’s information management system.
- Manage the company’s administrative network i.e. network accounts, email accounts website access account, remote access account.
- Monitor operational performance and troubleshoot system problems. Isolate the cause of system failures.
- Research, evaluate and purchase new hardware and software to meet the company’s requirements computers, and other electronic office equipment.
- Design, install, support and integrate centralized and distributed network hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory of internal licenses, overseeing updates and tracking compliance.
- Responsible for logging all IT problems and resolutions, and liaising with the external support company.
- Providing input into the IT strategy and annual IT budget.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of information systems; research products and enhancements and their applicability to Main One’s needs.
- Inducting new employees on IT system
- Aside the primary helpdesk functions, you will interface with the Technical and Application units regarding testing and understanding of new applications before deployment to users
- Monitor and ensure client systems are updated with current Anti-Virus definition while also following up with systems without current definition. Weekly and monthly report will be generated.
- Monitor server event before they become incidents. Monitor unauthorized/unlicensed installation of application using spiceworks. Weekly and monthly report will be generated.
- Minimum HND/BSc. Degree in Computer Science or in a related discipline.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Technical & Professional proficiency
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Self management skills
- Team work
- Customer Service
- Proficiency in MS Office & Products
- ITIL Qualification an added advantage